ARCCA’s experts are extremely experienced and skilled at conducting a variety of dynamic tests in-house. These include:
- full-scale dynamic crash testing
- horizontal accelerator testing
- vertical drop testing
- mine blast simulation testing
- high speed impact (> 100 mph) testing
Test fixtures, as well as prototypes, are fabricated in-house by our highly skilled engineers using our onsite machine shop.
As part of ARCCA’s long history with the U.S. military, we have designed and constructed many dynamic impact test fixtures for the evaluation of product designs to protect military personnel in a warfare environment. ARCCA has been recognized as a leading engineering design and testing facility for the U.S. Army on occupant protection issues related to vehicular mishaps as well as mine blasts. We have dedicated test fixtures capable of replicating various mine blast acceleration time profiles to evaluate occupant protection systems that are designed to mitigate injury associated with mine blasts.
We also routinely conduct dynamic impact tests on various forms of safety and protective equipment, including:
- Automobile safety components such as seats, seat belts, airbags, etc. We conduct full-scale vehicle tests, as well as testing on horizontal accelerators
- Ambulance equipment- both full-scale ambulance crash testing and horizontal accelerator testing
- Child safety equipment, such as child safety seats.
- Aircraft safety equipment for both aircraft and ground support
- Construction equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Sports equipment
- Helmets with full NOCSEA, SAE, ASTM, DOT and European test fixtures and protocols
- Heavy truck equipment
- Firefighter equipment
- Industrial machinery
- Consumer products
- Mechanical devices
- Marine and boating equipment